If you are looking for a solution to replace missing teeth, Scenic Acres Dental Centre is pleased to offer NW Calgary Denture services. Dentures are replacements for missing teeth that can be removed and put back into your mouth. A denture consists of a plate or frame holding one or more artificial teeth in place. Dentures can take some getting used to, and while they may never feel exactly the same as your original teeth, they can look natural and are now more comfortable than ever.
What are the Types of Dentures?
Full Dentures are the most common denture appliances made. After the affected teeth are removed, a full denture can be crafted to fit either the upper arch, lower arch, or both. The upper denture has a pink denture base that extends across the roof of the mouth to create suction and help keep the denture in place. The lower denture is u-shaped and is designed to fit snugly along the bottom ridge of the jaw.
Partial Dentures are recommended for those patients who are missing one or more teeth. These patients benefit from a removable partial denture in order to reestablish the proper function of their mouth. Partial dentures are made from durable materials that resemble your gum tissue and missing teeth. The metal framework is designed to clip onto the remaining natural teeth in order to hold the denture securely in place.
Partial Dentures are recommended to:
- Replace your missing teeth
- Restore your ability to chew foods more naturally, and with confidence
- Make it possible for you to eat many of your preferred foods again
- Maintain a healthier, more attractive mouth
- Preserve your remaining natural teeth
- Prevent and treat problems related to the jaw joint (TMJ)
- Improve speech
- Develop a more attractive, confident smile
- Support your facial structures for a more youthful appearance
- Enhance your overall self-esteem
Benefits of Dentures
The term “false teeth” concerns a lot of people. However, we take every step to ensure that your dentures look as natural as possible. Innovations in replacement tooth design have come a long way in making the false teeth look incredibly natural. Also, since the loss of teeth may have resulted in the loss of support for your lips, cheeks, and facial muscles, your new full denture will help fill out the shape of your face and instantly improve your smile!
There are many alternatives to partial dentures! At Scenic Acres Dental Centre, we often recommend dental implants to replace missing teeth in several different ways, which include:
- Dental Implants may be used to support a dental bridge, to replace a single tooth with a dental crown or with an implant supported denture. An implant supported denture clips dentures securely into place, offering for more support.
- Dental Bridges may be used to replace one or more teeth in the same area of the mouth. Dental bridges are made from highly aesthetic porcelain and are a functional replacement for missing teeth.
Unfortunately, not everyone is an ideal candidate for dental implants. If you would like to learn more about dental implant treatment, we offer dental implant consultations (we do not do implants at our office – we must refer the patient to a specialist) to help you make the best decision regarding your oral health.
Learn More about our Scenic Acres Dentures Services
To learn more about Scenic Acres Dentures, we invite you to contact our office to schedule a consultation appointment.